Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Question 28


28. Your most prized possession and why.

Prized possession hey?! I know!!!

A very very long time age when I was just a wee laddy, my family and I went on our summer trip to the valley to see relative that live there. On the way we stopped at the Ross Thompson farm. It's a little museum/interactive farm place, fun for kids type deal. After the little tour we went to the gift shop and I got a little, simple, blue spin top. That thing has been in our house for ever, and even today I can sit and spin it for a damn long time. In fact I have more fun, the dog hates it but he won't bite it, just tries to paw it.

So now your like "What the fuck Roscoe?! You're really lazy on these blog posts! Smarten up! give us some deep secrets and such!!" Well, no and no. Remember that old saying "Possessions are fleeting." I believe in that to some extent. I'll explain how I came to this answer. My prized possession can't be a person or animal, you don't own those. It can't be something that a lot of folks would choose, that would seem like an easy answer. So like a computer is just shit, I like my compys but I don't see them as a prize. I didn't choose my guitars because, for one, I have more than one, and I see them as just a part of the grander part of "music" in my life. It had to be something special but that shows who I am and how I think...

The top is always there (there was a long while when it was lost but I came back and was all the better for it!), it calms me down, makes me happy and can eat time away like a fat kid eats a cup cake. It's simple but has a complexity about it(it spins!!). It's the best top I've ever seen! I can get it to spin for a good 4-6 mins sometimes. It's just fun. If it was to disappear again I think I'd be OK, I know if it would come back later, there's magic there for sure!

If my family is reading this and the top has some how met it's end via a chew from the dog of maybe got stepped on then let me know ASAP! If not, then find the top and hide it away from harm!

Roscoe (I'll get a picture of the top over break and make a page about it.)

1 comment:

  1. you will be happy to know the top is still in the same spot.Waiting for you to come home.

    ReplyDelete