Sunday, May 27, 2012

Top 10 Video Games! (of mine)


This is going to be an obscure list of games, based on my personal memories, time played and over all fun. Not based on game play, story, balance and what haves. I play games for fun, not to pretend that being a "gamer" means something...
These are in Order!

The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind.
     I have a good part of my life invested in this game. Even more in the franchise itself. Morrowind takes the cake though, as both my number one and number one elder scrolls game. It's a huge RPG world with a new take on high fantasy that has endless possibilities. I cans till load it up and play all day no problem. With graphics mods you can get it to run looking sharp as hell. I've yet to do everything in this game, but I've "beaten" it 8 times, and have had about double that many characters!

Look this game up and if you are not convinced read this.

Pokemon Red
I can still remember the feeling of pure joy that Xmas morning when I opened up my lime green game boy colour and Pokemon red! Not only could I play this at home but in the long car rides to relatives house! or at the cottage while camping! Not to mention how good a game this was! Because of it's portability and time logged this is coming in a close 2nd.



Rome Total War.
I've only owned Rome Total War for 2 years now, but I've played it religiously for those two years! This is one of the few games that I actually scheduled into my day, rather than play it on free time. A lot of people were big into the multilayer, but I killed for the campaign. Being a Classics major this game (despite it's historical flaws....) is a great way to spend your time!

Check out ClunytheScourge1 for some nice battle cometary.
The awesome bug fixer, and the balance mod. (The game is ok with out these, die hard fans only!)


Neverwinter Nights (and expansions.)

This game was not only a video game for me, but an introduction to the Forgotten realms (leading to books), D&D, and LAN capabilities of computers! Me and my good friend used to cart our desktops back and forth just to play this game together. With a still healthy on-line community there is a tone of fan made campaigns to play. The replay ability on this game is huge! This is the only game I can play straight for 12 hours with a friend!





Age of Empires, The Age of Kings 

Best RTS ever made. Map editor, tones of campaigns, acurate but short history. Hours and hours of game play. Also a LAN-able game with hours of good old friend time fun.

Also try Age of Mythology and Age of Empires 3.




Half-Life 2
I just bought this game on steam, but I've been playing it since it came out. The source engine it runs on was video games god's gift to gamers.

The campaign is awesome, it's got everything you want, people, aliens, zombies and a sexy lady. An array of cool guns as well as a crowbar! it brings old school shooters into the new age with out the shit!

Buy this game, get some friends, install the Synergy mod, have fun!



Halo: Combat Evolved!
Four words: System Link Sleep overs! I've always had a close group of 7 friends, and we played the shit out of this game! So many 4 am sleep overs, hopped up on sugar and playing Blood Gulch team death match or sidewinder CTF.

Infinite grenades, indestructible tanks, and warthog jousting!

You can find this pretty easy for PC and have some games with friends far away!


Minecraft.
Everyone has heard about it, if not: http://www.minecraft.net/, the trailer says it all.

It's a wonderful pick me up game, with no restrictions. Huge, media and mod communities. And an on-line game experience that is rivalled by nothing!
Also family friendly!

Sins of a Solar Empire.
Good RTS, different take. You can name your own Planets and as far as I know there is no population cap.... I've had some damn good fleet battles with this babe and it's part of the reason I had a good first year university!

Be prepared for long games!!! Especially in Multilayer, but once you get rolling after an hour or so you have some great play time!





007 Golden Eye.

Ah the Nintendo 64, I miss you. Plans this year to get you going again! Sweet Jesus!

I don't think a lot of explanation is required here. Also a good sleepover game!

Lord of the Rings On-line.

It's free! Now, it wasn't always. I'm not an MMO player but I actually bought this one for a while and loved it! It keeps to the LOTR lore great! and the places are all original not movie based! It has an awesome player base and is just a great game. You can live a fake life in here.




That's my Top 10 list. get as many of these as you can. Comments please!

No comments:

Post a Comment