Friday, July 9, 2010

Sailing South


At least once a month I get the urge to "leave it all behind". Not that I have something to run away from anything, more like I'm running to something. At the moment I'm not going to run away, due to my life changing plans I have in effect. But over the winter I was about 500 dollars shy and a car away from leaving for a while.

What got me going this time is a sailboat at out marina. It was used to try and smuggle illegal Lithuanians into Canada and now Canadian Customs owns it and wants to action it of for really, really, really, cheap. So, if i had nothing, aside from the money I've saved, I'd buy it and sail south. Now, I'm not one to be cocky or brave/stupid enough to sail all that way alone. I'm sure I could get some other people to come along. Like put up a sign in random ports and get people to sign up for a life at sea. Just like the old days. Yeah, there's a lot more I have to do, I know I can't just leave but I'm not going to bore you with details.

But what would I do in the south? Well just look at the picture above. All I would have is a boat! NOTHING else!! So nothing to worry about! No obligations! Just survive! Believe me, I can live on nothing. It's safe, no one's going to steal my nothing so I could go anywhere and not worry. Good times in the south. Eventually I would see if i can make enough money and sail east with either the same crew or a new one. Set course for New Zealand.

Part II in two days

Good day
Roscoe

No comments:

Post a Comment