Sunday, July 28, 2013

Around Skyrim in 400 Hours

Well, I was itching to play a good game that I didn't want to force myself to beat... and here it is. Skyrim! I have a long history with the Elder Scrolls games, and many hours logged. When Skyrim came out I bought it hot off the shelf, and was not disappointed. However, between school and life I only logged a measly 97 hours... I only made 2 characters, and I have not completed every thing in the game.... I will let the shock wear off....





......





After watching a lets play of Skyrim my interest was renewed! I saw a player on Steam that had logged over 400 hours, and thought "Hey, I can do that!" So I downloaded the game last night, then modded it up using the steam work shop! Here is a list (Not many additions, more so slight alterations to make the game last):

SkyUI, to make the mouse/keyboard more friendly
Dynamic Weather, THUNDER STORMS!
Playable instruments, BARDS!
More Stuck Arrows
Static Mesh redo, makes items look nicer
Dynamic Guards
Various Quest Marker Additions
Random Alternate Start (The Skyrim Start is Bollocks) This one is really cool! Random Items and 400+ start locations!
Improved Lighting
Wearable Lanterns
Reduced NPC Greetings (They won't greet you unless you are super close)
Beast Skeletons
Enhanced High-Level Gameplay
Unofficial Skyrim Patch
Better Combat AI
Bandoleers
Arrow Smith
Realistic Map + Roads
LOTR Weapons (Hehe)

They all seem to work so far, I started a new Nord character named Rolo, after the chocolate bar. He started with an iron dagger, nice pair of slacks and some sturdy leather boots and gloves. Unfortunately he began his adventure in a Foresworn bandit camp... Rolo fought for his life and took down 2 of the bandits. The last bandit was a crazy son of a bitch with a sword in each hand! Rolo couldn't get close with his dagger... He surmised another plan to kill the crazy wanker and lured him into one of his own bear trap! While the bandit was stuck Rolo burned and stabbed him to death. After a sit down Rolo took all he could carry and ran off into the night!

Thus begins my 400 hour playing goal for Skyrim! I figure I can get 100 hours from the Vanilla game, 50 more from my RPing, then just get some more mods that add new areas to finish off the 400 hours!

Regular updates will continue, I am planning 2 per week on Around Skyrim in 400 Hours.

Other games will also be blogged about, a YouTube channel is in the makes, and normal updates will commence as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment