Monday, July 29, 2013

Noble Steads

       Well, due to the fine hot weather that presented itself today I once again returned to the forge. The project for today was to make more of my "Horse Head Bottle Openers", one of my first small level smithing builds. The plan is to generate in interest/demand in my art before I move on to bigger things, and in my opinion, more fun things.
  I enjoy making these, for both the practice and the general useful nature of them. The bottle openers had started off as an experiment with scrap metal (1/4" by 1/2" flat bar). After some simple hammer blows and a lot of heat I ended up with the design you see in the picture.

                                        >Raldorix.  
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
                                                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment