Wednesday, July 31, 2013

TECH Tuesday!

     For the first TECH Tuesday I decided to post my current set up that I game and edit on. I had a gaming desktop built in 2008, but it was too big to take on my move to Winnipeg. I had spent two years with out a desktop in Winnipeg, but eventually I found a good deal off a classified add for a cheap second-hand rig. After a couple of cheap upgrades I now have a fantastic rig that meets my every need. Most of the components are old, but they work and I am very happy and proud of this rig.

Power Supply: Corsair 600x 600w


Mother Board: ABIT IP35 Pro

This RAM has some great timing. I just bought another kit recently. The only down fall is the 2.1 volts is eats


When I first bought the rig it came with a Nvidia 8800 GTS (G92), 512mb. It was a good card, but again it was old. This was another cheap second hand upgrade that I snagged off of classified adds. It's been fantastic and was a 50% FPS boost! (that equalled about 20-30 more frames per second in most games I play).

I won't bore you with hard drive details: I have 3 drives, 250gb Western Digital Black C-Drive, 500gb Western Digital Blue storage X drive, and a 500gb Seagate Barracuda drive for games!

I plan to upgrade the C-drive to a newer HDD or an SSD if I find yet another cheap deal in the classifieds! 

This is my baby, and I love it. Comments welcome. I am hoping that these Tech Tuesdays will spur on some debates and opinions.
Cheers! -- Dascoe



No comments:

Post a Comment