Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Iron forged Hinges

                I spent the majority of today in the blacksmith shop of  the Master blacksmith i apprentice under.
    It was a while since i was down there last , So it was good to finally  be there after so long being away.
    The task at hand today was to forge hinges for the doors of my shop i is  currently in the process of being built now.
This hinge here is similar to the style at which i will be forging , I began work early today and spent the day making the hinges its a very enriching feeling i get when crafting this.Even though for a basic function of opening and closing a door,I will see them everyday when i enter my shop and know i made them. They are quite close to being finished.

      I must say i am very pleased with how they have turned out thus far ,I well appreciate them when their finished  knowing the time and effort i put into them. With the way my arms feel after today..... TIRED!!
I have no doubt i will soon be looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger in his younger years anyways.. haha
I will post some pictures of the finished hinges soon.
                                         


                   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment